With so much hype about cannabidiol or CBD, researchers seem to turn their focus to cannabis. To-date, they are discovering a lot of reasons for humans to love it. And as the compound has benefited humans, do you know that your dog may likewise make the most of the same therapeutic benefits?
Here’s what is known about CBD so far in this regard:
1. It Reduces Anxiety
Is your dog suffering from noise phobias or separation anxiety? CBD is widely researched for its role in anxiety and stress reduction. Studies involving humans have shown that CBD:
• Is effective in managing post-traumatic stress disorders and panic disorders
• Reduces anxiety in both people with anxiety disorders and healthy ones
• Reduces public speaking-related anxiety
2. It is non-psychoactive
CBD is a compound derived from hemp and cannabis. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the compound that provides the psychoactive properties of marijuana, is likewise derived from cannabis. A lot of CBD oil is simply the helpful CBD minus the THC. Also, they are usually obtained not from marijuana, but from hemp. This means, there is no way for your dog to get high by using CBD oil. Rather, he will feel relaxed without getting intoxicated.
3. It has Anti-Cancer Potential
Studies have shown that CBD oil and cannabinoids have the potential to inhibit tumor growth and stop cancer cell proliferation
CBD oil can:
· help boost the effectiveness of traditional cancer treatment
· slow down and inhibit the growth of glioma cell
· block cancer cell’s ability to produce energy
· help the immune system in killing cancer cells
4. It Alleviates Pain
CBD has likewise been proven to ease the pain. Scientists even consider it as a new class of drug for treating chronic pain. They found that it can be quite effective in reducing:
Intestinal inflammation associated with irritable bowel disease
Inflammation in acute pancreatitis
The effect of inflammation on oxidative stress
Neuropathic pain and nerve-related pain
5. It Treats Epilepsy and Seizures
According to statistics, around 5% of canines experience seizures and a lot of them are administered with potassium bromide and phenobarbital. While these medications can aid in controlling seizures, they can actually be quite to your pet’s internal organs, including their liver.
CBD, meanwhile, has been proven helpful in treating a type of epilepsy that is resistant to drugs. A certain study has found that seven out of eight individuals suffering from this type of epilepsy experienced a positive improvement after four to five months of consistent CBD use.
A separate study found that over 80% of children with this condition reported frequency reduction of seizures.
6. It Reduces Autoimmune Disease and Chronic Inflammation
The compound has the potential to reduce the production of inflammatory cytokines that may cause autoimmunity, hypersensitivities, and allergies. It can likewise destroy Th17 dominance which mainly causes autoimmune diseases.
CBD likewise reduces chronic inflammation by inhibiting the production of inflammatory macrophages. Research has also shown its antioxidant properties are more powerful than vitamins E and C.
7. It Helps With Neurodegenerative Diseases and Can Protect the Nervous System
CBD is very promising in treating nerve and spine issues, including degenerative myelopathy. It is likewise been proven to aid patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) due to its potential to protect the brain cells from toxicity.
CBD can protect the brains of senior dogs from cell death brought on by toxins and radicals. s.
8. It Helps With Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
Studies involving animals have shown that CBD can help avoid IBD or colitis and restore normal gut motility in IBD. The compound is also found to contain antibiotic properties, including Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA).
9. It Promotes Cardiovascular Health
Studies have shown that CBD can improve cardiovascular health. In particular it:
· reduces blood pressure and heart rate associated with anxiety and stress
· dilates the arteries and protects blood vessels from damage
· reduces the damage from irregular heart rates and damaged blood vessels
10. CBD Helps With Nausea and Increases Appetite
CBD can help you get your dog to eat. According to the National Cancer Institute, CBD can boost appetite.
Research has shown that the compound for dogs can aid with nausea and vomiting, even when they are brought on by drugs and toxins.